The Chief Information Security Officer’s role is to provide vision and leadership for developing and supporting security initiatives.
The CISO directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT system, business operation, and facility defenses against security breaches and vulnerability issues. This individual is also responsible for auditing existing systems, while directing the administration of security policies, activities, and standards.
The CISO’s influence reaches the entire organization. Responsibilities may include, but are not be limited to:
• Strategy & Planning, Acquisition & Deployment and Operational Management.
• Information privacy
• Computer emergency response team/computer security incident response team
• Disaster recovery and business continuity management
• Identity and access management
• Information regulatory compliance
• Information risk management
• IT investigations, digital forensics, eDiscovery
• Security architecture
• At least two years of experience in IT Management, or previous experience as a CISO
• Conducting surveys and writing gap documents, characterization, reviews, etc.
• Familiarity with information security and information security solutions.
• Experience in certifying organizations to information systems and information security standards (eg, SOX, 357, ISO 27001) – advantage
• CISO Course graduate
• Applicants must have at least ONE of the following certifications: CISM, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, GIAC.
• Initiative, independence and a very high learning ability.
• Excellent interpersonal relations and team management.
• High technical writing of procedures, policies and technical instructions.
• High level English language proficiency (speech, writing, reading) – required.